Triumph Spitfire Engine Rebuild Doesn’t Look So Hard…

14 responses to “Triumph Spitfire Engine Rebuild Doesn’t Look So Hard…”

1. Captain Ned says:

It’s a Triumph motor. It’ll be that oil-sodden within the first 50 miles.

2. Automobiliac says:

That is absolutely Brilliant!! Bravo on the hard work!

3. Heath says:

Pretty Awesome. Reminds me of the old Gumby movies for some reason.

4. Peter Linsky says:

Very clever!

5. B Collins says:

Defineitely has the look and Feel of an old Clay-mation(Gumby) production. I love it!……and the music choice (Fantasia??) is perfect!!

I second the “Bravo”,….while standing in my seat and clapping wildy.

6. Brian says:

Just now noticing the comment of 11 months, 3000 pictures. Crikey! I appreciate it even more now! Thanks for the effort…..all just to amuse us. Gotta love it!

BC

7. Rob says:

Thanks for my morning laugh. My TR8 is still setting after 2 years, must be playing the wrong music.

8. --LS says:

Wow, brilliant! Now, I’m not a car guy. Heck, I’m not even a guy. But I found this engine rebuild video to be inspiring and well worth your 11 months of effort to produce!

9. Jasper says:

Fun to watch! The music is actually Grieg’s Peer Gynt Suite, In the Hall of the Mountain King… 🙂

10. Jack Gibbons says:

As a kid of 15, it took me about a year to rebuild my old Ford flathead engine. as in this film there was always a few little pieces left over that I had no idea where they were to go. When we started it up it made an awful racket so we tore it down again. We found a smashed head bolt that had been left in the #7 cylinder. I blamed it on my buddy.

11. jim voruz says:

HA! I did this engine overhaul at least 2 or 3 times on my 60 Herald 948. Could have used some good music to make the work go easier. Brilliant video! Kudos………

12. Brian says:

Super video; if only they would do it themselves!

13. Walt Scott says:

My replacement motor stands ready for rebuild. Thanks for the inspiration!! I thank you and my 69 Spitfire thanks you too!

14. […] I love that this is becoming a thing. […]