Austin Healey… For the Man in Command

“Talk to the man in the Austin Healey. He’s a real guy. “A man of parts,” as Commander Whitehead might say. A gent with a flair for living, if you please.

And live he does in his Austin Healey. A tromp on the loud-padal and his AH hums to 60 in 11 seconds or so. That’s performance.

You know, of course, that the AH holds more than 100 American and International records. In fact, every record in its class.

Pray, sir, when will you drive your Austin Healey.”

I just never get tired of hyperbolic advertising copy.

7 responses to “Austin Healey… For the Man in Command”

1. Pete Groh says:

My 1st car was a 1962 Austin Healey Tri-carb purchase with money earned from my paper boy route. I did not know how to drive a stick shift at the time. Received instructions from my older cousin. Did not like the side curtains. Present car is a 1963 Austin Healey BJ7 with roll up windows.

2. Wil Wing says:

Great, but what happened the the hyphen in Austin-Healey?

3. John McClure says:

I bought my Healey from Walt Warren of Road *Track magazine…the first one in the USA, which he brought here to publish a story, etc. I raced it at Torrey Pines, Palm Springs, Riverside, Pamona, Santa Barbara..and it was great. I traded it for one of the first Toronados…which then burned while I was driving it, etc Yuk!

4. Mike says:

Hello John: As I mentioned earlier, if yours was the first Healey here then it won the 1953 Pebble Beach concours, and I have a picture I took of it of it there. I believe you meant to say Walt Woron. Mike Jacobsen

5. Harlo says:

This is a great coincidence, Mike. I’m sure John would love to see that photo of his old car. (so would I!)

6. John McClure says:

Here are some old sport car movies…
    One is the Agoura Hill climb in 1955, with several shots of me driving my Healey, with #66 on it. (sorry, but the old Torrey Pines film is also included, etc)

7. John McClure says:

oops, forgot the video address: